The 3M™ Petrifilm™ High-sensitivity coliform count plate accommodates 5 ml samples and detection of low levels of confirmed coliforms in 24 hours.
- Coliform results in 24 hours
- Plates are sample-ready, eliminating all the time-consuming steps of preparing media/agar dishes
- Unique plate design to trap the gas produce by coliform
- This plate has been awarded Official Methods of Analysis (OMA) #99602 for Dairy products and NF VALIDATION certificate: 3M-01/7 to 03/99 for Human food products by AFNOR Certification
- Food processors and contract labs worldwide trust 3M™ Petrifilm™ Plates to provide accurate, efficient, consistent results
This allows a 1-coliform-per-gram sensitivity if a 1:5 dilution of product is made. A 2-coliform-per-gram sensitivity is achieved if a 1:10 dilution is used. Whether testing milk, ice cream, cheese, or other food products, testing labs can benefit from the labor savings of 3M™ Petrifilm™ plates. These plates reduce overall testing costs and allow producers to easily conform to higher sensitivity standards. 3M™ Petrifilm™ High-sensitivity coliform count plates may be especially well-suited for use in facilities producing dairy products, where regulations and strict internal quality standards demand a high-sensitivity test that can deliver results quickly and accurately.
Three Easy Steps Offer Fast, Easy-to-Interpret Results:
1) Inoculate - 3M Petrifilm high sensitivity coliform count plates are easy to inoculate. Lift the top film and add sample.
2) Incubate - The space saving design minimises incubator space requirements.
3) Interpret - Count the colonies. An indicator dye in the plate colors Gram-negative colonies red and the top film traps gas produced by the coliforms. Simply count red colonies that are associated with gas bubbles as coliforms.
*Refer to instructions for use for additional information, and more details on validations.
In today’s environment of heightened focus on food safety and increasingly stringent quality requirements, labs are under pressure to provide tests that are fast, reliable and consistently accurate. 3M™ Petrifilm™ plates have demonstrated consistent performance that has been cited globally with more than 200 certificates, recognitions, validations, and peer-review publications. For more than 30 years, food safety professionals around the world have put their trust in 3M™ Petrifilm™ Plates. That’s because 3M™ Petrifilm™ plates have streamlined, standardised and simplified the process of microbial quantitative indicator testing, improving productivity and helping ensure the highest levels of product quality.