The 3M™ Mini Flip-Top Vial with 9 ml Buffered Peptone Water Broth is a leak-resistant plastic cylinder with a flip-open lid that seals securely for safe shipping and handling.
- Hinged lid can be opened with one hand and stays open for easy sample additions
- Decontaminated through gamma irradiation and ready for use with no additional blending required
- Flat bottom tube stands on its own, no holder required
- Leak resistant vial helps prevent leakage during shipping
- Two year shelf life from date of manufacture provides long-term readiness
It is ready to use and filled with 9 ml of Buffered Peptone Water Broth, which is an ideal diluent for food, beverage, and environmental samples and a cost-effective alternative to mixing in-house. The solution is decontaminated through gamma irradiation for long shelf life.
The handy flip-top style provides a fast, easy and reliable bottle for sample handling. It opens with one hand and stays open for easy sample additions, making it ideal for sample processing while the convenient-size vial saves on lab space. This product is made in the USA and is ISO 9001:2008 certified for quality assurance.
Buffered Peptone Water Broth is used as a diluent or for non selective enrichment of microorganisms such as Salmonella species or E. coli from foods and environmental samples prior to selective enrichment and isolation.
Microorganisms that may be present in a food product can be sub-lethally injured by food processing techniques and may not be recovered by direct selection techniques.
Buffered Peptone Water Broth promotes the recovery of those microorganisms that may be injured.
Packaging: 100 per case.
Caution: Intended for lab use only.