The 3M™ Flip-Top Dilution Bottle with 90 ml Peptone Water is a leak-resistant plastic cylinder with a flip-open lid that seals securely for safe shipping and handling.
- Hinged lid can be opened with one hand and stays open for easy sample additions
- Pre-mixed Peptone Water is ready for use with no additional blending required
- Generous headspace and bottle opening make sample addition easy
- Leak resistant vial helps prevent leakage during shipping
- 2 year shelf life from date of manufacture provides long-term readiness
Ready-to-use Peptone Water is an ideal diluent for food, beverage, and environmental samples. The solution is decontaminated through gamma irradiation for long shelf life. The handy flip-top style provides a fast, easy and reliable bottle for sample processing. Flip-top lids can be opened with one hand and the hinged lid stays open for easy sample additions. The fill volume along with the easy-opening, leak resistant flip-open lid is ideal for collecting, adding, and safely shipping samples. The convenient hinged lid stays open for easy sample addition and the 45 mm bottle opening makes it easy to pipette into and out of the bottle. Each bottle is equipped with an integrity seal that guarantees bottle has not been previously opened. This product is made in the USA and is ISO 9001:2008 certified for quality assurance. It is intended for lab use only.
Peptone Water is used in food safety applications to detect the presence of Enterobacteriaceae, particularly E. coli, in water and food samples based on indole production. The nitrogen, vitamins, minerals and amino acids contained in the contained in the Tryptone promote growth along with sodium chloride supplying essential electrolytes for transport and osmotic balance.