The 3M™ Allergen Protein Rapid Kits are intended for screening for the presence of specific proteins in clean-in-place (CIP) final rinse water, environmental swab samples, food ingredients and processed food products.
- Rapid, qualitative immunochromatographic lateral flow test cartridges designed for the detection of allergenic food proteins
- Results visible at 11 ±1 minute after application of the sample
- Designed to detect both processed and unprocessed allergen proteins
- Test can accommodate environmental swab, CIP rinse water and food samples
- 3M™ Environmental Collection Swabs and 3M™ Transfer Pipettes sold separately
- Storage: 2 to 8 °C
These kits utilise a lateral flow device (LFD) that is an immunochromatographic test method utilising antibodies which are specific for the detection of proteins from specific allergenic foods. Positive results are visualised by the presence of three lines: a control line, a hook line and a test line, when the target protein is present in a defined range of concentration. These limits will vary by a specific protein assay, and the limit of detection may vary depending on the matrix tested. Samples containing high amounts of target protein in a sample may result in an invalid test which will result in the absence of the hook line and/or test line.
Delivery information: All kits include 25 lateral flow devices.