Elplasia plates enable researchers to generate high density of spheroids in a scaffold-free model. Use Corning Elplasia plates to generate, culture and analyse your spheroids all in a standard plate footprint.
- Black opaque side walls reduce well-to-well cross-talk
- Gamma irradiated
- Suitable for fluorescent/luminescent assays
- One year shelf life
The plates are compatible with many cell types and may be used across many applications including: Drug/high throughput screening, cancer/tumor biology, stem ceel biology, cell therapy research and 3D tissue engineering.
• Create uniform spheroid formation at large volumes with a simple and easy to use 'plug and play' protocol
• Highly reproducible bulk spheroid formation across microcavity wells – from 79 to 15,000+ spheroids per well
• Culture a high density of spheroids in one plate under one culture condition
• High density format also generates increased data points, enabling image analysis of multiple spheroids vs. one spheroid per well
• No rinsing required prior to seeding
• Generate and culture spheroids in one plate – for up to 21 or more days
• Increased signal per well without an increase in spheroid size
Elplasia round bottom plates are optimal for bulk spheroid formation, collection and expansion. Round bottom plates are available in 6-, 24- and 96-well formats, and all feature a Corning Ultra-Low Attachment (ULA) surface. Corning ULA surface is proprietary, animal-free, covalently bonded hydrogel surface that is hydrophilic and neutrally charged. The ULA surface promotes the formation and easy harvesting of anchorage-dependent scaffold-free spheroids.
Elplasia square bottom type plates feature a surface with optical qualities suited for image analysis, making them an ideal solution for clonal selection and high magnification imaging of very small clusters. Square bottom plates are plasma-treated for self-coating and come in 6-, 24-, 96-, and 384-well formats.