VACUETTE® tubes contain sodium citrate solutions in concentrations of 3,2% or 3,8% and are used for assays in haemostaseology. The mixing of 9 parts blood to 1 part sodium citrate takes place immediately after the blood is drawn by inverting the tube, causing anticoagulation through the binding of calcium.
- Clear as glass but virtually unbreakable
- Screw caps for increased safety and simplified opening
- Colour coded rings offer additional visual identification of tube characteristics
- Longer shelf-life due to tube design
- Compatible with all common analyser systems
- Fill-line on each tube for simple visual check