These black microplates with clear film base are manufactured from cyclic olefin copolymer (COC), which has excellent optical properties, chemical resistance, and mechanical stability. The low base microplate, as well as delivering high optical quality, features a design that allows imaging right to the edge of the plate.
- Ultra-clear film with 127 μm thickness (standard base) or 190 μm (low base)
- Well bottom flatness <50 µm to ensure planarity for imaging devices
- Low background fluorescence and minimal crosstalk to provide the highest possible optical quality for cell based assays
- Broad chemical resistance, including DMSO
- High mechanical stability
- Low base design allows for unobstructed reading of all wells even when using high numerical aperture objectives
- Round well geometry eliminates reagent loss due to 'wicking'
Black microplates with high optical quality film bottom are ideal for performing high content cell-based assays using imaging systems. The film bottom provides a flat and optically clear surface that reduces autofocus time, increases throughput and is ideal for cell growth.