GeneDirectory is a fast data storage and retrieval system designed for large-scale genomic fingerprinting studies, cluster analysis, VNTR analysis, genotyping and RFLP. Used in conjunction with the GeneTools gel analysis package, GeneDirectory can save hours of repetitive work by automatically comparing thousands of bands on different gels.
- Complete user control with the potential for creating an unlimited number of databases, all with ‘free form’ user input for folder, experiments, gels and tracks
- Able to handle large quantities of data with methods for combining multiple patterns from any gel, experiment or library to make comparative quantifications
- Rapid analysis with complete results, for example, band matching across multiple gels, showing dendrograms, matching matrix tables, coefficient tables and matching results
- Possible to search the entire database for matching tracks bases on band and classification similarities
- Data stored in a fully GLP compliant relational database