These versatile centrifuges are ideal for a range of routine applications in pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, as well as for academic research. They offer good capacity with ergonomic design which facilitates work on a bench top.
- Auto-Lock® III rotor system: Tool-free rotor exchange system enables quick rotor exchange; with just the push of a button users can quickly change rotors and easily access the rotor chamber for cleaning
- Aerosol-tight ClickSeal® bucket sealing system: Glove friendly, one-handed open/close capability, no need for screw caps and complicated clips
- SMARTSpin® technology optimises acceleration, braking and residual load imbalance for maximum safety, smooth runs and reproducible separations
- Time saving pulse function for short runs
- Intuitive controls and large, bright LCD aid operation and programming
Mega Star centrifuges are available as ventilated or refrigerated versions. The refrigerated version, with pre-cooling function, is suitable for temperature-sensitive sample processing with control between −10 and +40 °C.
TX-400 swing-out rotor: This rotor is designed for a broad range of laboratory throughput needs. With a capacity of 4×400 ml, 76×5/7 ml blood tubes, 16×50 ml conical or 36×15 ml conical tubes in a single run, it provides very high configuration flexibility.
Accessories information: Centrifuges can be used with all rotors suitable for Megafuge ST1/ST1R Plus centrifuges.
Ordering information: VWR Mega Star 1.6/1.6R is available without rotor for free rotor selection or as packages, including centrifuge, TX-400 rotor, set of four buckets and four ClickSeal® lids. All models are supplied with two power cords (EU and UK plug) and USB stick with manuals. Adapters must be ordered separately.
Caution: Note 1 Measured 1m in front of the instrument at height of 1,6 m
2 Measured with Fiberlite F15-8x50cy at 14,500 rpm