Real-Time RT-PCR kit for the qualitative detection and discrimination of relevant mutations associated with SARS-CoV-2 variants: B.1.1.7 (UK), B.1.351 (South Africa), and B.1.1.28 (P.1) (Brazil).
- Parallel discrimination between S gene wildtype and mutations N501Y, E484K, and K417N
- Kit contents: RT-PCR Enzyme Mix, Primer-Probe-Mixes and Extraction and Positive Controls
- Specimen types: nasal, nasopharyngeal, oropharyngeal
- Validated PCR platforms: AriaMxTM and AriaDxTM (Agilent Technologies)*
- Fast and reliable results with very high sensitivity
- Substitutes time-consuming sequencing
The assay is intended as a confirmatory test for potential mutants and should only be performed after first testing patient specimens for the presence of SARS-CoV-2 RNA with a CE-IVD marked screening assay such as the GSD NovaPrime® SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) RT-PCR kit. Detection of the amplified viral nucleic acid fragment is performed in the detection channels FAMTM (S gene mutation N501Y), HEXTM (S gene N501 wildtype and mutation K417N) and CY5TM (S gene mutation E484K) with MGBEQ Quencher.
Certifications: CE-IVD marked.