MinION™ ― your personal, portable DNA and RNA sequencer.
- Real-time sequencing of DNA or RNA — rapid results and base modification data as standard
- Sequence DNA/RNA molecules of any length — from short to ultra-long (20 bp to >4 Mb)
- Simple workflow, with library prep in as little as 10 minutes
- Fits in the palm of your hand; weighs just 100 g
- Connect to a laptop via USB port
Get complete control and creativity over when, where, and how often you sequence. MinION™ provides the power of nanopore sequencing in an accessible, fully portable device. Weighing only 100 g and running off a laptop, MinION generates tens of gigabases of real-time data in the field or lab.
The high yields of nanopore sequencing data are suitable for a range of applications, including metagenomic species identification, antibiotic resistance profiling, microbial genome assembly, plasmid sequencing, targeted sequencing, low-coverage sequencing of large genomes, and isoform-level transcriptomics.
Choose a MinION starter pack to suit your specific application:
- Ligation Kit — highest output and control over read lengths (60-min prep time; 1000 ng dsDNA input)
- Rapid Kit — fastest, simplest library preparation (10 min prep time; 400 ng HMW gDNA input)
- Direct RNA Kit — sequence RNA molecules directly and preserve base modifications (115 min prep time; 500 ng poly-A+ RNA input)
Visit the individual library prep kit web pages for more detailed information.
Caution: Oxford Nanopore Technologies products are not intended for use for health assessment or to diagnose, treat, mitigate, cure, or prevent any disease or condition.