MinION™ Mk1C ― your 'all in one', portable DNA and RNA sequencer.
- Real time sequencing of DNA or RNA — rapid results and base modification data as standard
- Sequence DNA/RNA molecules of any length — from short to ultra-long (20 bp to >4 Mb)
- Portable device — sequence at sample source
- High resolution touch screen display allowing complete device control and easy visualisation of results
- Integrated, real time compute with pre-installed base calling and analysis software
- Ethernet- and Wi-Fi-enabled — upload and share your data, wherever you are
MinION Mk1C provides the power of nanopore sequencing in a fully portable device with integrated real time base calling and data analysis, touch screen operation and wireless connectivity. Sequence and analyse your samples in the lab or field, and easily standardise assays across multiple sites or collaborators.
The Starter Pack provides the most economical way to begin your nanopore sequencing. When purchased as part of the starter pack, the MinION Mk1C is supplied as a loan instrument for a 12 month period. To continue your nanopore sequencing after the first 12 months, you will simply need to renew your annual active software licence and device warranty.
The high yields of nanopore sequencing data are suitable for a range of applications, including metagenomic species identification, antibiotic resistance profiling, microbial genome assembly, plasmid sequencing, targeted sequencing, low-coverage sequencing of large genomes, and isoform-level transcriptomics.
Choose a MinION Mk1C starter pack to suit your specific application:
- Ligation Kit — highest output and control over read lengths (60 min prep time; 1000 ng dsDNA input)
- Rapid Kit — fastest, simplest library preparation (10 min prep time; 400 ng HMW gDNA input)
- Direct RNA Kit — sequence RNA molecules directly and preserve base modifications (115 min prep time; 500 ng poly-A+ RNA input)
- Covid-19 — rapid whole-genome sequencing of up to 576 SARS-Cov-2 samples (in batches of up to 96 samples per run)
Visit the individual library prep kit web pages for more detailed information.
Delivery information: Product lead time is 2 weeks.
Caution: Oxford Nanopore Technologies products are not intended for use for health assessment or to diagnose, treat, mitigate, cure, or prevent any disease or condition.